How to Use:
• Fill a seed tray evenly with SylvaGrow®, tapping gently to settle
• Lightly water with a fine rose
• Sow the seeds carefully, according to the packet instructions, cover with more SylvaGrow® to a depth as directed
• Cover the seed tray with glass or polythene and put in a warm place out of direct sunlight
• Remove the cover when the seeds have germinated and ensure the SylvaGrow® is kept evenly moist at all times
• Prick out as soon as the seedlings are large enough to handle
SylvaGrow® can be used as part of a raised bed medium for vegetable and strawberry growing. Simply mix 1 part SylvaGrow® thoroughly with 3 to 4 parts loam or garden soil to gain a valuable addition of organic matter and nutrients.
SylvaGrow® can be used as a planting medium for roses, shrubs, trees, herbaceous perennials and bedding plants in order to add valuable organic matter and nutrients. Simply blend at 1 part to 4 parts of the back-fill soil. Always ensure that the plant is watered to capacity before planting out and if necessary, immerse the roots in a bucket of water for half an hour prior to planting. Ensure that the planting pit is well-integrated with the wider soil with no smeared sides or other impediments to root exploration beyond the planting hole.
Lime-hating, ericaceous plants
SylvaGrow® is not suitable for raising lime-hating, ericaceous plants in containers although it can be used as a planting out medium for an ericaceous soil at rates of 1 part SylvaGrow® to 4 parts acidic soil.