Melcourt Composted Fine Bark is an organic matter-rich soil conditioner, suitable for a wide range of professional and domestic landscape applications, particularly when it is required to improve the soil structure, quality, organic matter levels and water holding capacity.
- Dark brown in colour
- Free flowing and easy to handle.
- Low pH so suitable for acidic soils
- 100% peat free
- Processed from natural British sustainable coniferous bark
- Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®)*
- Used by professionals and amateurs for many years, giving excellent results
- Sold in 50 litre bags and bulk bags
- Improves the soil’s organic matter content
- Helps increase soil moisture retention
- Improves soil consistency
- Helps break up heavy lumps
- Aids nutrient retention
- Enhances root development
- Helps to reduce temperature fluctuation
- Easy to spread and incorporate using simple tool
How To Use
• Spread Melcourt Composted Fine BarkTM evenly onto the soil surface to a depth of not less than 50mm, then thoroughly incorporate into at least the top 150mm of soil
• These application rates can be exceeded on poor soils or where deeper penetration is required.
• As Melcourt Composted Fine BarkTM has a low available nutrient content it is usually advisable to apply a balanced fertilizer at the time of application if the area is to be newly planted.