• Suppresses weed growth replacing expensive shrub bed hoeing and chemical weed-killing
• Conserves soil moisture, minimising drought stress and plant death and eliminating the need for excessive plant watering
• Successfully used for many years on sites throughout the UK and proved to perform extremely well
• Provides an insulating layer, substantially reducing the effects of ground freezing and over-heating during extreme weather conditions
• Slowly improves the soil’s organic content, as it decomposes into the soil
• Easy to lay and install, using simple tools and requiring little subsequent maintenance
• Allows clean access onto mulched area for plant pruning
How To Use
• Ensure the area to be mulched is entirely free from both annual and perennial weeds
• Lay Melcourt Spruce Ornamental evenly onto freshly cultivated moist soil, after planting has been completed.
• The mulch should be laid at between 75 to 100mm depths, allowing at least 10-15% for settlement
• For greatest longevity, do not disturb once applied.