• Provides an economical source of a high quality soil conditioner
• Structural qualities provide immediate physical soil amelioration, particularly on difficult sites
• Decreases the bulk density of all soils, aiding cultivation.
• Adds essential plant nutrients
• Stimulates the microbial population of the soil, which is an essential ingredient for fundamental soil improvement
• Its use has a positive benefit on the environment, as the green residues would formally have been tipped in landfill sites
• Easy to spread and incorporate using simple tools
How To Use
- Spread Melcourt Soil Improver evenly onto the soil surface to a depth of not less than 50mm, then thoroughly incorporate into at least the top 150mm of soil.
- These application rates can be exceeded on poor soils or where deeper penetration is required. Note: Melcourt Soil Improver is not suitable for lime-hating plants such as rhododendrons. For these use Melcourt Composted Fine Bark with appropriate fertilizers or SylvaGrow Ericaceous